Welcome to our History page!
Vision and intent
Through teaching History at Middleforth we will:
- Foster in children an interest in the past and develop an understanding that enables them to enjoy what History has to offer;
- Enable children to know about significant events in British History, and to appreciate how things have changed over time;
- Develop a sense of chronology starting in EYFS through to Year 6;
- Understand how Britain is part of a wider European culture, and study aspects of European history;
- Have some knowledge and understanding of historical development in the wider world and their local area;
- Develop in children the skills of enquiry, investigation, analysis, evaluation and presentation.
Please find attached the policy and curriculum overview for History.